1. Fillet/ Bond Breaker gauge.
- AS3740-2021 table 4.10, lists fillet/ bond breakers requirements 12mm for Class III membranes and 35mm for Class II membranes for Internal/ External wet area membranes
- AS4654.2-2012 Waterproofing membranes for external above-ground use lists a 15mm X 15mm fillet/ bond breaker requirements for External above ground liquid membranes
Remember to always check the fillet/ bond breaker dimensions with the product manufacturer Technical Data Sheet to ensure the fillet/ bond breaker sizes are compatible with the membrane system and the minimum requirements of the Australian standards.
2. Wet Film Thickness gauge
- Check the liquid membrane Wet Film Thickness during the installation to ensure the correct Dry Film Thickness is achieved and complies to the product manufacturer’s specification
0.3mm | 0.4mm | 0.5mm | 0.6mm | 0.7mm | 0.8mm | 0.9mm | 1.0mm | 1.1mm | 1.2mm | 1.4mm | 1.6mm | 1.8mm | 2.0mm | 2.5mm | 3.0mm
Check your WFT coatings from primers to thick coat liquid applications.
3. Crack width gauge
- Measure cracks in concrete, membranes, various substrates, window seals, facades.
0.1mm | 0.3mm | 0.5mm | 0.7mm | 1.0mm | 1.5mm | 2.0mm | 2.5mm |
4. Measuring ruler:
- Our 50mm ruler of is positioned on the edge of the tool to allow measuring of right angles, tight voids, and expansion joint depths. With 1mm gradations this can be used to take a quick measure of cracks or to measure anything else.
5. Tool holder
- Hang the fillet gauge of your belt lanyard for easy access and use.
- Waterproofing applicators
- Site managers
- Building consultants & inspectors
- Third party compliance testing
- Membrane manufacturer representatives
Measure corner fillets
Measure gaps and voids
Measure tap penetration cut outs
Measure wall - floor junction gap
Measure 12mm corner fillets & bond breakers
Measure architrave checkout for tile installation
Measure shower perimeter waterstop angle height
Measure showerbase upstands
Waterproofing in 2022 & beyond
Waterproofing in 2022 & beyond
Measure sealant failures
Checking fillet/ bond breaker compliance
Measure shrinkage cracks
Measure substrate cracks
Measure penetration gaps
Measure depth in facade fixings
Gaps in fixing channels
Shrinkage gaps in window seals, holes in gaskets
Measure movement cracks
Measure gaps in facade finishes
Handy tool - roofing
WATERPROOFERS BEST MATE - 3 TOOLS IN 1
The first & only WFT gauge that tools off fillets/ bond breakers to the sizes listed in AS 3740:2021 & AS 4654.2-2012 - Internal & External Class II & III liquid membranes
- Sealant cutter to tool off the fillet/ bond breaker to the correct size listed in the Australian standards & manufacturer’s specifications
- Measure the fillet/ bond breaker to achieve compliance to Australian Standards & manufacturer’s specifications
- Monitor the liquid coating with the Wet Film Thickness gauge as listed on the product technical data sheet
- The first WFT Comb that cuts fillets/ bond breakers to the Australian Standards
- Compliant to AS 3740:2021 & AS 4654.2-2012 - Class II & III Membranes internal & external